"Love is in the Hair had been recommended to me by several different people; I knew this was a good sign and they did not disappoint! From my first conversation on the phone with Michelle to my actual wedding day with Stefani, everything was professional, timely, relaxing and fun! I was pampered at my trial with Stefani; I showed her a few pictures of what I had in mind and she was spot on, that day and on the day it actually mattered!!! I’ve heard horror stories of brides hating their hair and makeup, but that was not the case for myself, my mom or any of my bridesmaids. We all looked like an enhanced version of ourselves. I would highly recommend Love is in the Hair. A huge thank you to Michelle, Stefani and their amazing crew" - Simone W
"Thank you, Universe, for letting me find Michelle and Love Is In the Hair! I had already had two other trials with different stylists that I wasn't happy about. I was shopping in Truckee after my second trial and mentioned it to the woman at the store. She told me that her hairdresser did bridal hair and put me in touch with Michelle. At my hair and makeup trial Michelle asked me questions about the wedding and took a genuine interest in what look I was going for. She was incredibly professional, bubbly, and funny. Plus my hair looked amazing! I knew right away I needed to book her. She helped me pick out and order the hair extensions I knew I wanted. I hadn't fully decided if I would wear my hair up or down for the wedding and leading up to the big day Michelle would send me pictures of hair styles asking which looks I liked. She never pressured me and let me decide the day of what I wanted to do. That kind of flexibility really helps when you're as indecisive as I am. The day of the wedding, Michelle, Stefani, and Shane came to my bridal suite early and set up everything they needed. They flawlessly executed hair and makeup for my entire bridal party and were incredibly efficient all morning. My friends loved them and kept saying how much fun they all had while getting ready. Michelle did my hair and makeup. The products she uses are great, they're lightweight and never smudged. I wore my hair down with loose curls and Michelle secured some gorgeous flowers in the back which stayed in place all night. She not only made me look amazing and feel so beautiful, but was super uplifting and such a positive energy to be around on my wedding day! This was the best decision I made for our wedding. I will absolutely recommend Love Is In the Hair to any bride." - Jennifer P
"These ladies, Stefani and Michelle, will be your wedding hair and makeup dream team. First, they are amazing. Second, they listen. Third, they are wedding industry pros. Fourth, did I mention how amazing they are? Stefani did my hair and makeup for my destination wedding in Truckee. We did my hair trial about 4 months prior to the wedding which is unusually early but I am an engineer and I plan in buffer time and make contingency plans. Stefani worked off of a few photos and my input about the venue (outdoor on a golf course), my dress, trends versus classic. In the end, we settled on a romantic up do. She also did a trial run for my makeup - I have extremely sensitive skin and a lot of random allergies. She was able to work around all of that. I never reacted to anything she used. Stylists will always tell you not to expect the exact same hairstyle (super close but not exact). Day of, Stefani improved on the trial. I didn't think that was possible (I walked out of the salon after the trial - makeup on but hair undone and dropped my fiancé's jaw). It was amazing. I loved the style and how everything turned out. She also dos my mother in law's hair and makeup. My mother in law started to cry when she saw herself, she felt so beautiful (that led to the rest of us yelling "eyelashes!!!" At each other to help stop tears). Michelle did the hair for each of my bridesmaids. She did an initial chat with each and then played up their best features and helped find a style that suited each girl. Their hair turned out amazing. So many selfies were taken that day. Oh yeah, and they did at this at the vacation home we were renting for the wedding party. They literally brought the salon to us. I was super lucky that I found them. They are excellent!" - Kate D
Stefani did my wedding hair and I loved how it turned out! She also did the hair of my bridesmaids and their hair all looked amazing! I would definitely recommend "Love is in the Hair" to anyone! They were great and met me at the cabin I was staying in to get ready on my big day and that made it stress free for me. Thank you girls for making my wedding day worry free! I love how my hair turned out and wouldn't change a thing! -Alexandra S
- Tips for perfect wedding day hair:
* Up your beauty game if you want to look on-point for your wedding day. Invest in a great shampoo and conditioner and even a hydrating mask, especially if your hair is lacking shine and moisture. Book regular haircuts and have your final color appointment two weeks before the wedding in case any adjustments need to be made and to allow the color to settle. Quick tip: Add a color gloss to this appointment for added shine and illumination.
- What preparations should the bride do on her wedding day?
* Make sure your hair is washed and conditioned with your favorite duos and freshly blown out the morning of your wedding. We know you’re thinking... day two hair is better for an up style, but this is no longer the case, especially if you have cow licks or sever parting. We can create the texture or smoothness with a variety of products, so, your job? Show up with clean, fresh and dry hair and leave the rest to us.
- When should a bride start thinking about her wedding day hair?
* ASAP! This gives your hairstylist the time needed to adjust your color and get your hair into optimum health.
- When should a bride start contacting a hair and makeup team for her wedding?
* As with any good vendor, the good ones get booked well in advance. We suggest booking your hair and makeup team as soon as you know your venue and date. Beware of vendors who offer only verbal promises, those who work without contracts, and those who eagerly over promise and undercharge.
What is your most important tip for a bride?
* Jumpstart your hair and skin care routine. Makeup loves healthy skin, invest in multiple facials and a personalized skin care regimen prescribed by your esthetician. P.S. this is not a good time to try ANYTHING new, definitely not a hairstyle/color or hair dresser. If you are a color client, have your touch ups re-done about 2 weeks before the wedding (don’t skip on the color gloss) along with your final facial and waxing appointments. Yes, we said waxing.
What is the one thing every bride needs?
* A professional hair and makeup team. We are here to tell you a little secret: the most important accessory on your wedding day is your hair. You are going to look back on your wedding day photos and be so relieved everyone looks their absolute best. We provide a seamless, organized experience allowing you and your bridal party to arrive on-time and photo ready for the most photographed day of your life.
- Any advice on complimenting hair and makeup styles?
* Our advice on choosing your perfect bridal look; don’t stray too far from your own look and style. If you are the kind of girl who loves having her hair down and flowing, don’t go for a sleek up style —if you’re not a Glam-a-zon, don’t wear so much makeup that your groom won’t recognize you. We think it’s best to go with the look you normally go for when you dress up for an occasion, and then glam it up a notch (or two) for your wedding day. We couldn’t agree more with Sofia Vergara’s comment about make up, "I have a very important makeup tip for the girls [who] are getting married soon ,I think sometimes we overthink it because it's a very special occasion and we want to have everything perfect... With makeup, sometimes people exaggerate a little bit or make it too different because they want to do more. Sometimes, it makes it look like it's not you and when you see the pictures you're like, 'Oh, what happened to me?' So I think it's better to keep yourself looking fresh in the makeup that you've always liked and be you."
- Any tips for dry ends? Recommended products?
* Get regular haircuts and go easy on the heat styling. Find products that will repair and enhance your ends, consult your hairstylist, they are a wealth of beauty knowledge. We love Kevin Murphy HYDRATE-ME. MASQUE, an excellent choice for color treated hair in need of moisture and shine.
- Please list your favorite winter wedding styles for Lake Tahoe.
* We are loving a pop color with a dark lip for a winter wedding, either a red or a darker berry color. It pops with the white dress and a snowy background. For a darker lip color we recommend a stain, it last all day and night and you can share all the kisses with your groom without leaving a mark.
- Please list your favorite summer wedding styles for Lake Tahoe.
* For summer weddings we love a softer makeup look with a bright highlight on the cheek bones, the shimmer pops in the sunlight and in photos. We are seeing a lot of brides choose to wear full, shiny, long hair in a soft romantic wave. Consider hair extensions to add volume and length. We also love seeing the bride exchange her veil for a floral headpiece after the ceremony, a great way to achieve a second look for the reception.
How did you both end up in the profession?
* I have always had a passion and natural talent for art and creativity. As a teen, I had the pleasure of having my haircut and colored in a progressive salon. During that appointment I undoubtedly knew this was the industry for me. I had found a direction to pursue my passion of art and beauty. (Fourteen years later, I can say the beauty industry has been fulfilling and exciting, as it is ever evolving, there is always a new style to learn or technique to conquer). I am constantly inspired and impressed by the talent and creativity of my profession. --Michelle E. Campbell
* I was always extremely creative and artistic growing up and as I got older I wanted to find a way to bring my passion and a career into one. So I registered for beauty school at 17 after spending years always doing my friends and sisters hair and makeup for every type of social event possible. Being in this industry choose me more then I choose it, it just fit perfectly and I can’t imagine doing anything else. -- Stefani Lawrie
What should a client know before meeting you two?
* We have a long lasting partnership and have been collaborating together throughout our carers, with over 20 years of combined experience in the beauty industry. Together, we have developed a customized system to match each bride with the appropriate artist according to their personal style. We both have fun, upbeat personalities, and pride ourselves on our communication style. But most of all, we take pride in our attention to detail and ability to execute what each bride wants for their wedding day.
What is the best part of the job?
* We love being able to cultivate a level of trust and comfort with our brides, knowing we are part of the most important (beauty) day of your life and being able to produce exceptional results ignites our passion and energizes us to stay progressive.
Who, what and where inspires you both?
* We follow so many talented makeup artists and hair stylists along with other creative wedding professionals. We are always on Instagram. Check out who we follow on Instagram, link below.
What hair and wedding trends/looks are you two loving right now?
* Soft and natural, we love the romantic feel of the organic styles right now, they are so complementary to the natural beauty in LakeTahoe